CANYON DU VERDON
130€ / pers
We offer two beautiful tours connecting hiking with packraft.
Relive the first exploration of the Canyon du Verdon, an intimate moment with the tour «Blanc Martel».
Or explore the last part of the Grand Canyon, inaccessible by foot, with the tour de « l’imbut » …
July / August : Available just the Tuesday and Friday (Dam release)
April, May, June, September: Every day according to the dam release. The dam needs to be open.
April, May, June, September : Every day according to the dam release. The dam needs to be closed
Meeting at Couloir Sansom at 9.30am
What to prepare
- Sport shoes with a good sole
- Short, Tee shirt, cap
- Picnic and water (1,5 l/pers at least !)
- Head lamp (for the tour Blanc Martel)
Physical and technical level
Suitable for sporty persons. In these tours, there is a good hike to do !
For the packraft, no experience of packrafting or kayaking is compulsory.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any question for this tour and if you have a doubt about your physical and technical level
Size of the group
Group of 4 persons (minimum) until 6 persons (maximum)
It’s possible to privatize the group.
THE EXPEDITIONS STARTS HERE…
THE DISCOVERY PACKRAFTING, IT'S THE EXPLORATION OF THE CANYON DU VERDON FROM AN UNIQUE MANNER, AN EMOTIONAL ENCOUNTER WITH THE NATURE AND A NAVIGATION IN A IDYLLIC PLACE
TOUR BLANC MARTEL
- Meeting at 9.30 am, at this place : Couloir Sansom
Briefing of the day
- 10 am - 11 am : We will hike on the path “Sentier Blanc Martel” for about 3 km. We walk inside 2 long tunnels. The hike lasts 45 min – 1 hour.
- 11.30 am – 3 pm : After a briefing about the fundamentals of the packraft, we put in in the Verdon river. The place where we are going is inaccessible by foot. The path « Blanc Martel » is close to the river but we don’t see it. We enjoy this magical place to take the lunch on a desert rock beach.
We continue the navigation in the canyon, we use the water movements (currents, eddy, wave, …) to improve our kayaking skills ! We will cross the Artuby river who plunges into the Verdon river. We can paddle inside to see another canyon before returning in the Verdon. In the middle of the afternoon, we will arrive at the “ passerelle de l’estellier”. It’s the only footbridge inside the canyon. We stop just before this one, it’s the final point for the packraft part. This footbridge allows to the hiker to cross the river and to pass from the hike “sentier Blanc Martel” to the hike of “the Imbut”.
- 3 pm – 4 pm : It’s time to store the packraft in the backpack and to hike to exit the canyon. The hike lasts between 1 hour - 1h15. The hike is steep. (+450 meters)
- 4 pm : Shuttle to come back at the starting point.
TOUR OF THE IMBUT
- Meeting at 9.00 am, at this place : Chalet de la Maline
Briefing of the day
- 9.30am -12am : We start the day by the packing of our backpack. One ready, we start the hike, we will do the entire hike of Imbut, known as the most beautiful hike of the area. It lasts 2h30. At the end of the hike, we can see that all the water is going inside a dark cave. The hike is over.
- 12.30pm – 4pm: After a briefing about the fundamentals of the packraft, we put in in the Verdon river. The place where we are going is inaccessible by foot. We start the adventure by crossing the very narrow cave! After the crossing of the cave, we are on a place where no one can go. We paddle one or two km before taking the lunch on an empty beach. We continue the trip, some rapids cannot be run, so we just hike on the side with the packraft on the shoulder. After 8 km of navigation, we arrive to the lake Sainte Croix, we paddle until our shuttle
- 4.30pm – 5.30pm : Shuttle to come back at the starting point.