150€ / pers
We offer the tour of the Imbut, inaccessible by foot, far from the ordinary tourism. We can do this tour only when the dam is open, it means that the flow of the river is much stronger than when the dam is closed.
The tour of the Imbut
July / August : Available just the Tuesday and Friday (Dam release)
April, May, June, September: Every day according to the dam release. The dam needs to be open.
What to prepare
- Sport shoes with a good sole
- Short, Tee shirt, cap
- Picnic and water (1,5 l/pers at least !)
Physical and technical level
Suitable for sporty persons. In this tour, there is a good hike to do !
For the packraft, it’s necessary to get a first kayaking or packrafting experience. You can get the level and practice your skills with the discovery tour.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any question for this tour and if you have a doubt about your physical and technical level
Size of the group
Group of 3 persons (minimum) until 4 persons (maximum)
It’s possible to privatize the group.
THE EXPEDITIONS STARTS HERE…
THE SPORTIVE COURSE OF PACKRAFTING, IT'S THE EXPLORATION OF THE LAST PART OF THE CANYON DU VERDON, GREAT RAPIDS AND A NAVIGATION IN A MAGICAL PLACE
- Meeting at 9.00 am, at this place : Chalet de la Maline
Briefing of the day
- 9.30am -12am : We start the day by the packing of our backpack. One ready, we start the hike, we will do the entire hike of Imbut, known as the most beautiful hike of the area. It lasts 2h30. At the end of the hike, we can see that all the water is going inside a dark cave. The hike is over.
- 12.30pm – 4pm: After a briefing about the fundamentals and the wild water technical for the packraft, we put in in the Verdon river. The place where we are going is inaccessible by foot. We start the adventure by crossing the very narrow cave! The first step is not easy, the put in is bit hard with the flow !
After the crossing of the cave, we are on a place where no one can go. We paddle one or two km before taking the lunch on an empty beach. We continue the trip, some rapids are too strong and cannot be run, so we just hike on the side with the packraft on the shoulder.
After 8 km of navigation, we arrive to the lake Sainte Croix, we paddle until our shuttle
- 4.30pm – 5.30pm : Shuttle to come back at the starting point.
FOR THIS TOUR, IT’S REALLY IMPORTANT TO DO NOT SURESTIMATE YOUR LEVEL, ONCE WE ARE INSIDE THE CANYON, THERE IS NO EXIT BEFORE THE END. IT’S WHY I ASK PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE BEFORE THIS TOUR.
The dam on the Verdon
On the Verdon river, we have a dam. When the dam is open, the flow of the river changes very quickly and all the small rapids become big rapids !
The Sporty tour is when the dam is open. On July and August, normally the dam is open each Tuesday and Friday. The flow is enough to do the packraft in the canyon and the rafting in the gorges (close to Castellane). For all the others months, we know if the dam is open or closed just few days before (from 48h00 to 24h00 before the day)