MULTI DAYS TOUR
CANYON DU VERDON
From 350€* / pers
We offer the exploration of all the canyon. This tour give you the chance to live an unique experience far from the ordinary tourism.
2 days, in May June and September (depending of the dam release)
Couloir Sansom at 10am
What to prepare
- Sport shoes with a good sole
- Short, Tee shirt, cap
- Picnic and water (1,5 l/pers at least !)
- A head light
- Dry clothes for the night
Physical and technical level
Suitable for sporty persons. In this tour, there is a good hike to do !
For the packraft, it’s not necessary to get experience because we will do this tout when the dam is closed.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any question for this tour and if you have a doubt about your physical and technical level
- Price for guiding and equipment : 290€/pers
- Price for the night (dinner, breakfast, picnic for the 2nd day include): 60€/ pers (You will pay directly at the owner of the place)
Size of the group
4 person minimum until 5
It's possible to privatize the group.
Contact us for any request
THE EXPEDITIONS STARTS HERE…
THE MULTI DAYS TOUR IS A EXPEDITION. WE EXPLORE ALL THE CANYON, IT'S A PRIVATE MOMENT IN A MAGICAL PLACE
- Meeting at 10 am, at this place :
Briefing of these two days
- 10 am - 11 am : We will hike on the path “Sentier Blanc Martel” for about 3 km. We walk inside 2 long tunnels. The hike lasts 45 min – 1 hour.
- 11.30 am – 3 pm : After a briefing about the fundamentals of the packraft, we put in in the Verdon river. The place where we are going is inaccessible by foot. The path « Blanc Martel » is close to the river but we don’t see it. We enjoy this magical place to take the lunch on a desert rock beach.
We continue the navigation in the canyon, we use the water movements (currents, eddy, wave, …) to improve our kayaking skills ! We will cross the Artuby river who plunges into the Verdon river. We can paddle inside to see another canyon before returning in the Verdon. In the middle of the afternoon, we will arrive at the “ passerelle de l’Estellier”. It’s the only footbridge inside the canyon. We stop just before this one, it’s the final point for the packraft part. This footbridge allows to the hiker to cross the river and to pass from the hike “sentier Blanc Martel” to the hike of “the Imbut”.
- 3 pm – 4 pm : It’s time to store the packraft in the backpack and to hike to exit the canyon. The hike lasts between 1 hour - 1h15. The hike is steep. (+450 meters)
- 4.30 - 5 pm : We arrive to the shelter for the night, called “chalet de la maline”. We have to sleep outside the canyon because it’s forbidden to camp inside. We enjoy the place to see the view from all the canyon. We eat and sleep on this shelter.
- 9.30am -12am : We start the day by the packing of our backpack. One ready, we start the hike, we will do the entire hike of Imbut, known as the most beautiful hike of the area. We walk along the mythic passage of the “Styx“. The total hike lasts 2h30. At the end of the hike, we can see that all the water is going inside a dark cave. The hike is over.
- 12.30pm – 4pm: After a briefing about the fundamentals of the packraft, we put in in the Verdon river. The place where we are going is inaccessible by foot. We start the adventure by crossing the very narrow cave! After the crossing of the cave, we are on a place where no one can go. We paddle one or two km before taking the lunch on an empty beach. We continue the trip, some rapids cannot be run, so we just hike on the side with the packraft on the shoulder. After 8 km of navigation, we arrive to the lake Sainte Croix, we paddle until our shuttle
- 4.30pm – 5.30pm : Shuttle to come back at the starting point.